Friday, November 6, 2009

Weekly Meh. and other news.

So after doing this for a whole month now... I think I've come to a conclusion.

My life is boring. Sure I do Airsoft when I can afford it, and there are the occasional RPG's with my friends, but the only real thing that I do on a consistent basis is play around on the internet. This has been on my mind a lot lately because of my poor grades. So I have come to the conclusion that I need to turn my addiction into a healthier thing. I want to start a rant that gives a shout out for my addiction of the week. Each week I will be showing some love to the game/comic/website that consumes the most of my time. I have not decided wether I want to do this here, or on another blog. I do want to keep up a semi personal journal along with this weekly project. I could also start a website...

While I mull over the possibilities, this week's "Time Consumer of the Week" award goes to Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. I do not understand what it is that makes this game so addicting. I think part of the appeal lies in the fact that it is reminiscent of all the puzzle video games I use to play as a kid. You know, Tetris, Doctor Mario, Yoshi. I spent hours upon hours playing games like this, and I can honestly say that these puzzle type games are among my favorites these days as well. Another addicting factor in the game is that it lets you compare your score with everyone else that you are "friends" with that plays the game. This gives it the competitive edge that it needs so that you don't get too bored playing it. I don't know how many times I've said to myself "Just one more go." or "This is the last game I swear." and the next thing I notice I receive a message saying that I've played 40 games in a row. So here's to you Bejeweled Blitz. Thanks for making my dull hours only slightly less dull.

In other news... In exactly 6 weeks from now I will be well on my way to seeing my baby in China. In the mean time I am living off of Ramen Noodles so that I can afford the trip. At this rate the rest of the semester is going to creep by so slow I think I can already see a snail passing by and giving me the finger...

No comments:

Post a Comment